The Wangaratta Indoor Sports and Aquatic Centre (WISAC) at the HP Barr Reserve will be transformed into a regional aquatic facility, capable of attracting major events and serving the growing needs of Wangaratta's community well into the future.
The project included the following enhancement:
- 50m heated outdoor FINA compliant pool
- 17mx12m indoor warm water program pool
- Outdoor toddlers’ pool/splash play area
- 60kW solar system on roof of WISAC stadium
- 117 space sealed car park including 4 disabled spaces in between Barr 1 and 2 ovals.
- New pool operating plant and heating units
- 300 lux lighting for outdoor pool
Construction was completed in 2020 and the new facility, which was renamed the Wangaratta Sports and Aquatic Centre (WSAC) opened on December 17.